by Richard Smoley
News & Notes
Grail conference report; Victor Sanchez reflects on Castaneda's legacy; a Burning Times quiz; Frithjof Schuon reexamined; Elizabeth Clare Prophet restructures her church.
Introduction: Two A.M. in the Garden of Good and Evil
by Jay Kinney
On taking the Golden Rule a step further.
The Mystery of Iniquity
by Stephan A. Hoeller
For Gnostics, evil exists because the universe was made by a flawed creator.
Has the Church of Satan Gone to Hell?
by Jack Boulware
A peek into the rise and fall of one of the world's most feared -- and most entertaining -- religions.
How to Do Good: A Satanic Perspective
by Don Webb
Why Evil is different from evil and what you can do about it.
Doubt! The GNOSIS Interview with Robert Anton Wilson
by Richard Smoley and Jay Kinney
The master of unconventional wisdom talks about conspiracy, Catholicism, psychedelics, and the unutterable perplexity of the world.
The Evil Fomorians
by Tom Cowan
For the ancient Irish, evil was a mysterious yet necessary part of the cosmos.
Sex, Spirit, and Abuse
by Arthur Waskow
A modern rabbi grapples with the issues of nonmarital sex and abuse by spiritual teachers.
- Raising Children in Love, Justice, and Truth by Barry Long Buy it
- Conscious Parenting by Lee Lozowick Two books by spiritual teachers offer contrasting approaches to childrearing. Buy it
- Finding Enlightenment: Ramtha's School of Ancient Wisdom by J. Gordon Melton Respected scholar of New Religious Movements offers sympathetic look
at the Ramtha School of Enlightenment - perhaps too sympathetic? Buy it
- Collectanea Hermetica by William Wynn Westcott 780-page collectiion of Hermetic texts, originally issued as study
resources for Golden Dawn members and related students of the occult. Buy it
- Isis Unveiled: A New Abridgement by H.P. Blavatsky. Edited by Michael Gomes An intelligent abridgement of Madame Blavatsky's seminal work that
removes the dross and retains her central message. Buy it
- Christ the Yogi: A Hindu Reflection on the Gospel of John by Ravi Ravindra Buy it
- Sophia-Maria: A Holistic Vision of Creation by Thomas Schipflinger Two valuable re-evaluations: one an insightful Hindu analysis of the
Gospel of John, the other a new lokk at the Virgin Mary as an
incarnation of Sophia. Buy it
- The Books in My Life by Colin WilsonIn one of his better works, Colin Wilson discusses the key books he's read in each stage of his life, illuminating both those volumes and
his own major ideas. Buy it
- Techgnosis by Erik Davis Pithy, amusing, and surprising examination of the push-pull
relationship between information technology and mystical awareness. Buy it
- Shadows of Heaven: Gurdjieff and Toomer by Paul Beekman Taylor Buy it
- Opening: Collected Writings, 1985-97 by William Segal Gurdjieff and his work are seen through the eyes of two authors,
providing a "fly on the wall" perspective on esoteric luminaries. Buy it
- Edgar Cayce in Context: The Readings, Truth and Fiction by K. Paul Johnson Balanced and throrough overview of Cayce, the "sleeping prophet." Buy it
- The Navajo Skinwalker, Witchcraft, and Related Phenomena: Spiritual Clues: Orientation to the Evolution of the Circle by Joanne Teller and Norman Blackwater Authentic and ground breaking inside account of rarely discussed
Navajo "witchcraft" and shapeshifting. Buy it
About our covers:
Front: "Demons to Tea" by Susan Hill.http://www.sublimatrix.com.
Back: "Guardian" by Gage Taylor and Uriel Dana. See also their collaborative work.